Posted October 14, 2019
The Senior Solutions Engineer will work closely with customers to help design and deploy solutions based on Nimbix software platforms in both pre and post sales capacities.
- Explain and demonstrate products and services to both end users and IT organizations
- Work alongside Nimbix Sales Account executives to help manage pre-sales activities
- Develop long-term relationships with customer stakeholders and serve as their advocate to the product organization
- Continue to help support customers after they purchase, to ensure satisfaction and enable additional upsell opportunities
- Work with customer stakeholders to deploy Nimbix software, achieve customer acceptance, and train them on how to use and manage the software within the scope of each engagement
- Help develop and standardize the field engineering and architecture functions, including developing and documenting best practices and other relevant materials
- 5+ years of hands-on experience deploying Linux-based platform software such as RedHat Enterprise products, Kubernetes, VMware, etc.
- Demonstrable Linux shell scripting and basic administration skills, including troubleshooting processes, log files, host networking issues, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and demo solutions to (small) customer audiences both remotely and in person
- U.S. Citizen
- Moderate travel (up to 50%)
- CS or EE degree, or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate:
- Has 10+ years of experience deploying Linux-based platform software
- Has demonstrable Kubernetes deployment and operational experience, including an understanding of Helm/Tiller
- Has experience with and understanding of VMware and RedHat Enterprise product portfolios
- Has experience using and deploying software on public IaaS clouds such as AWS, Google, or Azure
- Has experience deploying Linux drivers for computational accelerators such as NVIDIA GPUs and Xilinx FPGAs
- Has experience working alongside sales account executives in pre-sales situations, including pitching technology to customer prospects
- Demonstrates excellent organization and time management skills, including the ability to properly handle multiple customer engagements simultaneously
- Can present and communicate both at the implementation and architecture level
Candidates should be in the DFW metroplex and are expected to report to Nimbix headquarters in Richardson, TX when not traveling to customer sites. Candidates in other locations will be considered on a case by case basis but must meet the “ideal candidate” qualifications stated above.
Nimbix offers health insurance, vision, dental, life insurance, a flexible spending account (FSA), paid vacation and Stock options. We also offer a fun and relaxed work environment that includes casual attire, flexible vacation time and a fully stocked fridge.
Nimbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Submit your Resume